Serves as the unit that organizes and coordinates the compulsory university courses as directed by the Ministry of Education (MOE) for students from all faculties at USIM and to provide students with the knowledge to prepare for life in modern society.
There are twelve (12) courses within the UKWU:
• UTE1012 Ethnic Relations
• UTT1012 Islamic Civilization and Asian Civilization
• UTK2012 Creative Thinking and Problem Solving
• UTQ1042 Foundations of the Qur’an & Sunnah (in Arabic)
• UBY1012 Malay Language for Communication
• UTS1012 Introduction to Islamic Science
• UTD2052 Da’wah & the Prophet’s Sirah
• UTD1012 Creed and Sufism
• UTF1032 Introduction to Islamic Fiqh (in Arabic)
• UTI1012 Introduction to Islamic Studies (QHOO only)
• UTU3012 Entrepreneurship
• UTM1012 Malaysian Studies 3
All of the above courses were permeated with the integration of naqli and aqli in the course syllabuses in line with current University requirements.
Serves as the unit that manages and coordinates compulsory courses directed by USIM for students from all faculties at USIM to provide them with naqli and aqli integration knowledge.
Currently, there are two (2) courses in UKWUSIM:
• UTH3012 Halaqah Studies
• UTT3012 Introduction to the Books of Heritage (Turath)
These two courses are also permeated with the aqli and naqli integration approach in the course syllabus which makes USIM students unique compared to other alumni of institutions of higher learning (IPT).